Youlgrave Village Hall has been appointed as a UK Online Centre (Centre Number 3457390) – one of 5000 places across the UK where you can get online for free – and we are running a series of special events, and want to invite anyone and everyone to come along and take part.
An estimated 7 million people in the UK aren’t online, and 11 million don’t have the skills or confidence to make the most of the opportunities the internet has to offer.
If you’ve got a spare hour, we’re on hand to show you how getting online could save you time, hassle and even money. Whether you want to get healthy, get connected, get a job or get a bargain, you could be doing it all – and more – by doing it online.
It doesn’t matter if you’ve never even touched a computer before or if you already know a bit – this is your chance to give computers and the internet a go. It’s fun, it’s free, and it could change how you do your favourite things – and your everyday chores – forever!
Either bring along your own computer / tablet or use one of ours for each session in the Social Room at the Village Hall. If you are interested in coming along – or know someone who might be interested – call the village hall on 01629 828 215 to book a place on one of our sessions which will be running during March and April 2016.
We have 3 packages available – all Free:
- Starting Online: This package will help you understand your computer so that you can start using the internet. The short package of courses will help you get to grips with the different parts of your computer and what the internet can do for you!
- Online Basics: This free package will help you get to grips with using computers and the internet. The short package of courses covers how to search and explore the internet, keep in touch with email, and use public services online – all while being safe and secure!
- Online Plus: This package of free online courses has been designed to make sure you’re confident with everything you might need to do on the internet. Courses included
- Banking online
- Completing online forms
- Make money work
- Shopping online
- Staying safe online
- Using Facebook
- Jobs & Interviews
- Photos online
- Understanding Public Services
- Watching & Listening online
- Staying Healthy with NHS Choices
Come and see what you could do with technology, and what technology could do for you.